We take your privacy seriously, and we endeavor to abide by all relevant international regulations. Information that we collect from you, when and where you choose to provide it to us, enables us to communicate with you in appropriate and meaningful ways. By providing us with your information you consent to us processing it for this defined purpose. We will never send you communications considered to be “spam” and we will never pass your information on to any third party.
We have updated this policy to be compliant with US and EU laws as of May 25, 2018. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described below.
Our Heart Speaks is a 501c3 nonprofit registered in the United States of America. We do not collect personal information to market products or services, nor do we use this website for any commercial purposes. As with most websites, we do use some information in the ways specified below.
In accordance with international privacy laws, you may request that we eliminate any of your personally identifiable data by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, sign up for any regular newsletter, or otherwise contact us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
Information that we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and type of device used to access our site;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including the date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, if you linked to our site from another website or from social media, the address of that website or the form of social media from which you linked, and, if you linked to the site from a search engine, the address of that search engine and the search term you used.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, analytics providers or online advertising vehicles).
How we use the information
We use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to communicate with you directly, should the need arise. We may use it to seek your permission for other forms of communication, as well.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
You may revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you, or ask us to correct or delete that information. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites and to social media. If you follow a link to any of these websites or social media, please note that these websites and social media have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or social media.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you indicate agreement through your action of continuing to browse our site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party Our Heart Speaks cookies
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Order – this cookie ensures that your shopping basket works correctly.
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookies, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
- Social Media – we track visits to our website from various forms of social media and from the links presented in various social media posts.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.